The renowned visual effects system for high-speed 2D and 3D compositing, advanced graphics, interactive client-driven design, and scalable assistant workflows.
Autodesk® Flame® software is the ultimate visual effects system for high-speed compositing, advanced graphics, and interactive client-driven design. Autodesk Flame offers outstanding performance and Academy Award®*-winning tools. From national television commercials and music videos to blockbuster films, Flame gives visual effects artists the interactivity and flexibility to tackle projects successfully.
Create at the speed of thought and take on projects with confidence with this industry leading visual effects software tool.
Per Autodesk web site:
One of the most sought-after online visual effects systems in postproduction today, Autodesk® Flame® visual effects software gives artists the interactivity and flexibility they need to create at the speed of thought. Flame offers Academy Award®-winning tools and superior performance at any resolution up to 4K and an industry-renowned creative toolset for 3D compositing, advanced graphics, movie editing, and client-driven interaction.
- Intuitive and interactive 3D visual effects design environment. Ideal for in-context, creative decision-making and brainstorming.
- 16x9 user interface enhances workflow. Object node bin and Object menu make it easier to add and control elements in the scene.
- Supports media layers at any image resolution or aspect ratio. Layer effects can be quickly copied from one layer to another.
- 3D particle systems for realistic effects ranging from rain and snow to smoke and explosions.
- Customize and animate particle presets for the 3D particle system.*
- 3D deformation, meshes, and extended bicubics for control and manipulation of 2D surfaces and 3D models.
- Control of the Displacement Maps tool allows you to manipulate the position, scale, rotation, and animation parameters of a displacement map.
- Apply normal and displacement mapping to 3D geometries, such as 3D text and objects created with 3D applications.
- Instant duplication of animations by applying settings to other objects.
- Multiple cameras with true-to-life, user-definable lens and camera properties, such as depth-of-field. Animate and switch between camera views. Each layer offers independent camera placement and animation for sophisticated effects.
- Import 3D geometry, including NURBS objects, lights, and camera data from certain 3D animation packages using Autodesk® FBX® technology interchange format. Export camera data, axis positions, and 3D point clouds via FBX.
- Export camera data and import 3D geometry, light, and camera data from 3D animation packages using FBX interchange format.
- Floating-point processing helps extend the OpenEXR® workflow. Composite high-dynamic range image (HDRI) files directly in Action and composite computer graphics (CG) elements from applications, such as Autodesk® Maya® software.
- Multiple, animatable light sources.
- Integrated 2D and 3D tracking and stabilization.
- Texture mapping with material property and shading controls. Map or project textures onto objects.
- Normal Map Tool uses 3D-generated render passes to simulate lighting and shadow detail on flat images and relight 3D scenes.
- Integrated 3D character generator for help in advanced text creation.
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files directly into Action while maintaining layers, blend modes, and transparency.
- Interoperable with DVE setups from Autodesk® Smoke® editing and finishing systems.
- Multitrack clip support automatically builds an Action setup from the video tracks of the clip.
Back to top
Keying and Rotoscoping
- Master Keyer advanced keying technology. Intuitively refine the key by gesturally modifying the matte. Color spill removal and edge blending. Advanced grain removal, specifically tuned to blue and green screens.
- Keyer—fast, accurate RGB, YUV, HLS, RGBCMYL, and custom keying: linear and user-definable keying capabilities with luminance remapping, softness, shrink, erode, spill suppression, and edge color replacement capabilities.
- Modular Keyer enables customizable pipeline for advanced keying capability and control over the final result. Algorithms, such as RGB, YUV, RGBCMYL, HLS, and Channel are available in the Modular Keyer, which also supports 16-bit floating-point processing.
- GMasks assist to quickly remove or extract elements from live footage with advanced three-spline vector technology. Customize softness at each point on the spline. Motion blur may be applied selectively to multiple shapes.
- Import free-form GMask geometries into Action and extrude them to help create 3D objects to more effectively create the illusion of depth and design graphical looks.
- Animate GMask geometries imported into Action.
- Tracer—the accurate edge-keying tool. Based on GMasks, it is ideal for keying hair, fur, and other finely detailed object boundaries that aren't necessarily shot on green or blue screen.
Back to top
- High-quality, integrated paint system for advanced motion graphics, digital matte painting, rotoscoping, wire removal, and image retouching.
- Customizable, user-definable brushes.
- Record and animate brush strokes.
- Create and animate color gradients, vector shapes, and cutouts.
- Load mattes to protect areas of the clip during painting.
- Paint node integrated in Batch for easy painting or touch-up of any element in a complex scene. Paint, blur, reveal, or clone layers or mattes, and feed the result to any downstream node while viewing in context. Change source clips without having to repaint strokes.
Back to top
Tracking and Stabilization
- Precise motion analysis for 2D tracking of position, scale, and rotation—track up to 1,000 points in a single pass.
- Advanced tracking features, such as fully editable tracking data, reverse tracking, keyframe locking, field-based analysis, and curve smoothing functions.
- Tracked data can be automatically applied to image layers, GMask shapes, Warper meshes, Distort splines, and Paint brush strokes.
- 3D tracking extracts original, real-world camera information from a 2D clip. Recalibration options and reference plane display for refining accuracy.
- Object tracking in the 3D tracker helps you isolate moving objects in a complex scene.
- View results of a 3D track inside of Action for easier identification of correct anchor positions when inserting objects into a 3D space.
- Auto-stabilization node to automatically counteract shakes or bumps in a camera’s motion while retaining the overall camera move.
- Automatically track an object based on the region of interest.
Back to top
- Colour Warper™ functionality performs primary and selective color correction enabling precise fine-tuning with multiple levels of adjustment in a single pass.
- Interactive adjustment of gamma, gain, offset, hue, saturation, and contrast. Apply animatable settings to channels or independently to R, G, and B.
- Intuitive hue shift and tint color wheel for fast, accurate color balancing. Visual color sampling palette for precise color matching.
- Interactive Histogram and Curves editing modes for subtle, precision tweaking of color components.
- Independent controls for color correcting the image's shadow, midtone, and highlight regions—features user-definable luminance ranges.
- Match feature for fast scene-to-scene color correction.
- Selective feature for sampling up to 3 different color regions for isolated correction.
- 16-bit floating-point processing in the Color Warper and Color Corrector.
- User Interface (UI) features include three pressure-sensitive trackballs, a high-quality RGB vector scope, and a 3D histogram for precise color monitoring.
Back to top
2D and 3D Text
- Create title rolls, crawls, slates, text animations, text along a path, and text effects.
- Support for Adobe Type 1 PostScript®, Microsoft® OpenType®, Apple® TrueType® fonts, Asian (CID) fonts, ASCII text file import, and extended Unicode font sets.
- Formatting and layout capabilities, spell checking, and custom dictionaries.
- Easy generation of matte layers. 3D text creation and animation in Action module.
- 3D Path is a spline object in the Action module to animate the shape and length of a 3D text path.
- Character-focused animations allow you to animate letters individually and cascade an animation across letters.
- Customizable 3D text presets enable you to integrate text elements into 3D composites.*
Back to top
Warping and Morphing
- Choice of mesh- or spline-based tools for intuitive, interactive warping and morphing.
- Distort workflow enhanced for improved control of desired result. Multiple splines can be animated independently.
- Warp and morph stationary or moving elements. Animate splines, mesh points, and axes with tracking data to automatically fit motion, scale, and rotation.
- Lens distortion tool applies or removes distortion artifact to a clip for integration with other footage.
- Open splines in distort transform image distortions quickly and more efficiently.
Back to top
Image Processing: Plug-ins, Filters, and Optics
- Filters include sharpen, soften, emboss, and glow, as well as user-customizable convolution filter matrices.
- Lanczos filtering provides high-quality resizing when down-scaling images, preserving edge detail during image resizing.
- Pixel math operators and blend modes for limitless compositing effects.
- Motion analysis tool produces forward and reverse motion vectors. Motion Blur provides motion-estimated timewarps and motion blurs. Selectively set object blur based on relative motion.
- Support for many third-party ADN Sparks® plug-ins.
Back to top
- Advanced flowchart representation of the compositing workflow and clip history to display operations performed on a clip, allowing for easy editing of complex visual effects.
- Monitor downstream results with in-context viewers. Show the result at selected nodes while modifying others.
- Batch nodes support 16-bit floating point processing.
- Custom node bins save effects that you create so you can reapply them.
- Node grouping with user-definable group display settings. Cleanly organizes the schematic display while permitting rapid switching between node menus.
- RGB Blur to create Box, Gaussian, Radial, and Directional blurs.
- 3D Blur tool creates optical blurs using vector passes and z-depth maps.
- Glow node used for creating stylized animations, lighting simulations and glows.
- Use Motif tool, a symmetrical pattern (Kaleidoscope) generation tool, to make textures with ease.
- Integrated editing timeline with multiple video and audio tracks offers in-context editing, time warping, and synchronized audio. Vertical timeline editing with nested containers and multiple layers for complex visual effects.
- Render soft effects in a clip from Autodesk Smoke. Create new Timewarp, Resize, Blend, and audio soft effects in the Batch timeline.
- Improved source and record timeline editing workflow.
- Segment FX permits uncommitted visual effects to be dropped into an edited timeline segment.
- Proxy processing allows for fast interaction even when working at the highest resolutions.
- Intelligent caching and bypassing functions allow automatic or user-defined prerendering of parts of the composite, increasing interactivity.
- Scripting with the power of UNIX® operating system. Scripts can be used to automate tasks ranging from email notification of render completion to generating Apple® QuickTime® application program previews.
- Batch Log and Queue Management handle workflow by setting up and prioritizing multiple-render jobs at once and monitoring progress on a web browser.
- Unified channel editor allows animation curves for different effects to be displayed and modified simultaneously in Batch.
- Digital notepads can be used to annotate nodes and provide reminders and instructions for further work.
- Enter Batch to apply effects to a single timeline segment before SoftFX® filters are applied (presegment), or to the result of a vertical compositing/soft effects (postsegment).
- Batch navigation view mode provides a visual representation of the entire Batch effects tree, resulting in a given Batch effects segment.
- Batch paint is designed for a procedural compositing environment and has settings to define how paint strokes are applied to the image sequence, the ability to slip the reveal frame offset, as well as the ability to adjust the scale of paint strokes.
- Create a 2- or 4-color gradient clip to help blend the foreground and background elements.*
- Substance generator tools enable you to create unique textures, patterns, and effects that can be animated and customized.*
Back to top
- Autodesk® Stone® Direct storage solution—high-speed fiber channel storage solutions for real-time access to high-resolution media.
- Autodesk® Stone® FS software—advanced file system promotes performance and reduces fragmentation risks.
- Autodesk® Wiretap™ technology—application programming interface (API) provides convenient access to Stone FS file system by certain third-party applications.
- RAID 5 protection from data loss of audio and video media, and nonobstructive background healing.
- Supports Autodesk® Backdraft® Conform software—an assistant utility for project and media management, I/O, conform, and editing.
- Autodesk® Wire® software networking for visual browsing and high-speed transfer of clips. Support for InfiniBand® networking protocol delivers faster-than-real-time transfer of clips up to 2K 10-bit resolution.
- Supports standard file systems. Multiple Autodesk systems can connect to and share the same storage, such as a SAN or NAS, resulting in significantly faster media access and reduced media duplication (Linux® operating system only).
Back to top
Motion Estimation Timewarp
- High-quality timewarp for speeding up or slowing down frame rate of a clip.
- Minimizes the telltale ghosting, softening, and stepping artifacts typical of traditional frame-averaging timewarps.
- Powerful optical flow algorithms track changes in image pixels from frame to frame and interpolate movement for crisp, clean rendering of extreme slow motion.
- Enables interaction with onscreen motion vectors to improve accuracy. Speed curves facilitate setup and animation of speed changes.
Back to top
Animation: Channel Editor
- Easily create and manipulate animations in the ubiquitous Channel Editor.
- 16x9 user interface is standardized across Autodesk editing/finishing and visual effects systems applications.
- Animation capabilities include auto-keyframing, motion paths, expressions, and editable spline curves with choice of interpolation and extrapolation modes.
- Convert expression and extrapolated curves into keyframed curves for additional manual control.
- Track Editor lets you view and slide individual keyframes on a track with multiple tracks or keyframes selected.
- Automatic and user-defined filters organize channel display for improved usability in large, complex setups.
- Add movement and create interesting animations in synch with your audio tracks using the Audio Tracker tool.*
Back to top
- Create accurate animations based on user-programmed parameters.
- Library of functions includes mathematical, logical operators, conditional operators, vectors, and constants.
- Parameters can be linked so that an object's rotation varies as a function of its distance from a light source—as you animate the object's position, its rotation is calculated automatically.
Back to top
- Gestural, picture-based editing interface for easy viewing and intuitive clip manipulation. Cut, splice, trim, and play clips with fast, simple strokes.
- Prepare, preview, and compare clips in many resolutions and formats.
- Transition effects and timewarp tools with animatable speed curves, as well as adjustable interframe mixing and trailing.
Back to top
Advanced Media Player
- Player maximizes image display and minimizes interface clutter for ideal viewing conditions when playing clips.
- Provides letterbox masking and safe title overlays for precise viewing of intended result.
- Real-time playback of 8- and 10-bit 4:4:4 PAL, NTSC, HDTV, and 2K (2,048 x 1,556) resolutions at standard frame rates.
- Simultaneous display of SD and HDTV video to a broadcast monitor (platform specific).
- Send a selected clip to the SDI output of the NVIDIA® graphics card to offer clients a full-image resolution output to the broadcast monitor.
- Real-time 3:2 insertion and removal, as well as the ability to mark in/out points and set cue marks for improved interactivity, faster editing, and A-frame timecode setting.
- HDR viewer provides a more accurate and flexible view of logarithmic, linear, and video images in modules supporting multiple viewers.
Back to top
Monitor Calibration and Film Tools
- Autodesk® Lustre® color management technology includes library of display and conversion lookup tables (LUTs) and monitor calibration software.
- 3D color lookup tables work with your calibrated display to accurately display a clip as it will appear on its final medium. Maintains consistency and precision between different products including Autodesk Lustre color grading software.
- Choose to temporarily view a clip with a 3D LUT or apply the 3D LUT process, enabling real-time clip playback.
- Provides tools to match images displayed digitally on a computer monitor to the look of projected film.
- Supports X-Rite and Barco CaliTalk calibration devices for accurate color measurement.
- Import standard color LUTs or create your own with the help of the intuitive tools provided.
- Grain management tools accurately match the grain of different film stocks and enable homogenous grain across disparate elements used in the composite (CGI and scans from different film types, for example).
Back to top
- Audio tracks with 32 tracks of real-time playback.
- Audio Gain Rubberbanding allows the artist to quickly and easily set audio levels in the timeline.
- Support for AudioDesk® workstation software in player and Batch timeline, including audio tools for mixing and mastering audio.
- Import, record, and playback stereo audio.
- Full audio editing functions, including cut, slip, and timestretch with pitch correction control.
- Audio mixing capabilities with control of audio levels, pans, and EQ.
- Vari-speed audio scrubbing allows for precise work.
- Display audio waveform for synchronizing effects to sound.
- VST Audio plug-in support (reverb, modulation, dynamic compression, full parametric EQ).
- Dolby® E audio coding support.
- Soft effects can be applied to audio segments in the timeline.
- Import and export Broadcast Wave and MP3 files.
Back to top
- Import RED ONE R3D™ files directly into storage using high-quality debayering settings as isolated files or as a group using an EDL or Apple® Final Cut Pro® application program XML file.
- Import the footage you need by setting in and out points for RED files prior to transcoding.*
- Use RSX files from Red Alert!™ to exchange color information between production and postproduction.*
- Send encoding tasks directly to Autodesk® Cleaner® XL software for expanded Export Media format support.
- VTR control capabilities via RS-422 support for real-time frame-accurate control of video devices.
- New Real-Time Deliverables mastering-to-VTR tool dramatically enhances efficiency by providing real-time down conversions without having to render.
- Serial digital interface for both ITU-R 601 standard (PAL/NTSC) and SMPTE 292M high-definition video.
- Digital audio connections—1 ADAT input, 1 ADAT output.
- HSDL I/O via SMTPE-292 HD-SDI signal for rapid 14-19 fps transfer of progressive 2K files (platform specific).
- Analog and AES/EBU I/O audio connectivity for up to two tracks (converter included, if needed).
- Analog video requires a separate conversion device.
- Support for VariCam footage with automatic frame rate conversion.
- File-based I/O for most popular graphics formats, such as TIFF, PICT, TARGA®, JPEG, Cineon, DPX, SGI®, Autodesk® Softimage®, and Autodesk® 3ds Max® and Autodesk Maya software.
- Import Adobe Photoshop PSD files with options to maintain layer structure or flatten image.
- Import/export QuickTime files: QuickTime animation with alpha and QuickTime motion-JPEG. QuickTime metadata of the time code and reel name information is included when importing or soft-importing.
- Direct ingest of Panasonic® P2 MXF files.
- Support for AVC-Intra media at bit rates of 50 and 100 Mbps.
- Soft import workflow and background proxy generation of soft-imported streaming media files.
- When working with high-resolution images such as film scans, existing proxies can now be imported.
- Support for DV, DV25, DV50, and DVCPRO HD compressed codecs.
- Support for XDCAM and XDCAM HD codecs.
- Import Sony® XDCAM EX codec for your broadcast projects.*
- Import/export Avid DNxHD codec in an Apple QuickTime wrapper.
- Import Avid® DNxHD codec files in a Material Exchange Format (MXF) wrapper.*
- Quickly and easily browse and recursively scan clips in P2 and XDCAM media directories.
- Create, save, and load codec encoding profiles to quickly set up and launch encoding jobs.
- Import 16- and 32-bit floating-point OpenEXR image files. Framestore storage, export, and editing support for 16-bit floating-point clips.
Back to top
Conforming and Archiving
- Import/export standard EDL formats with cuts, dissolves, freeze-frames, vari-speed, reverses, split edits, and comments.
- Advanced conform tools for EDL, AAF, OMF (with audio media), and Apple Final Cut Pro XML files.
- Multilayer, multitrack, or container assembly from multiple EDLs.
- Multilayer timeline that is 100-percent compatible with the timeline in Autodesk Smoke and supports the set of Smoke soft effects.
- EDL Editor for tweaking and revising EDLs. Sort EDLs for fast capture (A-, B-, C-, S-mode, and more).
- Convert EDL frame rates.
- Media unlinking and relinking.
- Keycode support to conform using scanned film frames.
- Automatic tape name assignation on file import.
- Recursively scan file directories for streamlined file import. Define search criteria to perform extensive directory and recaptured-media searches, including information about found media.
- Multi-Master Editing™ functionality helps you create multiple formats from a single master, including archiving to 720p tape.
- Project archiving for backup of selected clips, libraries, or the entire project in a single operation. Setups can be archived together with the media.
- Archives may be stored as files (on networked drives or external USB or FireWire drives), on data tapes (such as LTO, DLT, and DTF), or (multi) videotape (SD and HDTV VTR).
- Creates HTML/XML table of contents for fast browsing and retrieval. Selective restore from archives.
Back to top
- Interoperates with Autodesk® Flint®, Autodesk® Inferno®, Autodesk Smoke, Autodesk® Combustion®, and Autodesk Lustre software and effects systems, and provides extensive support for Autodesk 3ds Max and Autodesk Maya.
- Clip compatibility between Autodesk editing and effects applications. Supports multitrack, multilayer clips with containers and gaps.
- Soft-import image and audio files on shared storage without making a local copy, and then publish results back to the open file system.
- Open file system applications that support Wiretap (Lustre and Combustion) can read and write Stone FS clips directly from Autodesk Stone Direct storage.
Back to top
Workflow and Productivity
- Support for Autodesk® Burn® background rendering solution in Batch and desktop modules, and in the Batch timeline.
- Integrated Autodesk® Backburner™ monitoring of Burn background renders.
- With the addition of NVIDIA Quadro® FX 3700 graphic card, remote render 16-bit floating-point Action setups using the latest GPU-accelerated version of Autodesk Burn software.
- Project-based dual-view clip library provides media organization and sharing between separate Autodesk systems.
- Clip history saves setups of rendered clips, providing a nondestructive way to access intermediate results and to make changes at any time.
- Extended search filters search range of timecode, name, and comment.
- Extensive hotkeys enable instant operation of commands and menu selections. Comprehensive hotkey editor enables flexible user customization.
- Add notes to desktop clips that are also viewable in Autodesk Flint, Autodesk Flame, and Autodesk Smoke.
- Online help and button tooltips provide quick access to documentation and button descriptions.
- Import multichannel OpenEXR files automatically using Autodesk® WiretapCentral™ software. The software stores channels together as RGB clips to be loaded individually or as a group into Batch.
- Autodesk WiretapCentral software browses Autodesk systems clip libraries using a network-connected web browser for quicker reviews and approvals.
- Autodesk® SystemCentral technology helps provide centralized diagnostic tools in a web-based application that simplifies the process of running diagnostic tests on your systems application.
Back to top
Additional Detailed Information:
*Available in Autodesk Flame 2010 Extension 1.
for more information on the current model, go to Autodesk website at:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=12694102
Website powered by JP Claude, INC.Copyright © 2022 BroadcastStore.com. All Rights Reserved.