Introducing the next generation of digital audio mixers from Renegade Labs: The M16. This powerful mixer pairs a new sophisticated 16 fader control surface with the standalone 3RU 328|MXE chassis. The M16 accepts up to 32 input channels where you decide upon the formats required by your application: Analog, mic, AES, and even SD/HD SDI. Eight Analog and Digital outputs are included in the base system, and an additional set of eight outputs can be optionally added in either Analog, Digital, or SD/HD SDI embedding.
Edit Surround Sound Audio Like Video
With 16 single channel input faders the M16 allows for easy mixing of surround sound stems. Each fader is input assignable allowing for any type of surround sound input configuration and any input can feed any of the 8 Program mix buses allowing for total input/output routing flexibility. By using Program/Preset buses for mixing input sources can be faded or cut between smoothly without the need of noisy moving faders in your edit suite. Surround sound stems can be easily be mixed, with individual channel adjustments, using the Program/Preset buses either manually or automated under edit system control.
Designed specifically for video professionals in linear edit suites. The M16 communicates under edit control using industry standard ESAM II protocol via RS422 with any edit controller. Video-centric operation is enhanced by separate rows of buttons for Program or Preset assignment of audio to the faders. An edit system controlled preview switcher is included to free up faders. The popular Auto TO/FROM feature allows access to all 32 inputs under edit control, eliminating the need to switch banks or recall registers during edits to access additional inputs.
Both AES and SD/HD Video sync inputs assure that the M16 audio is synchronous with the rest of the facility, and that edits occur at the time specified by the linear edit controller.
The M16 comes standard with 8 channels each of AES and analog outputs, and accepts the entire family of 328 Input and Output module solutions, including SD/HD SDI. Four input module slots—each with a capacity of up to eight audio channels—allow the mixer to be tailored for any combination of analog, AES digital or SDI embedded audio sources. An optional output module slot accepting either an analog, AES digital or SDI embedded audio module is also available for driving meters, a second record deck, or other applications.
The optional, internally mounted, 640x240 color LCD metering bridge provides metering for all eight Program output channels of the M16. Fully customizable, select from VU, PPM or K meter ballistics and a wide range of industry-standard meter scales that all use accurate true RMS ballistics, not simplified peak or average values. Surround metering is straightforward using the built-in surround field presentations showing the spatial orientation of the different channels, available with the push of a button. The level bars may be displayed either vertically or horizontally and include phase warning, peak level bar indicator, clipping indicator, and DC warning when high DC levels are detected in the audio. Three different meter setups may be saved and recalled easily from the meter bridge front panel.
Comprehensive Audio Feature Set
The M16 shares the same rich set of audio processing features found in the Gray|328 mixer:
* Each input channel may be equalized and processed individually using the built-in 3-band parametric equalizer and dynamics processor.
* Up to 16 video frames (max at 48kHz) of audio delay is available on each audio input, useful for compensating for the frame buffers often found in modern digital video gear.
* Record returns return a unity gain feed from a record deck to the mixer for quality assurance monitoring without using fader channels.
* Unity indicators by each fader confirm exact unity level settings on audio channels; a Clean Feed mode which bypasses front panel level and effects settings is also provided for Telecine dubbing applications.
* The operating level of the mixer is easily changed to match broadcast or facility specifications.
* Gain trims and phase reversal on each input correct audio level and phase coherence problems on source material.
And, of course, all these features are accompanied by some of the best audio specs in the industry. Download the M16 brochure to view the specifications for yourself, or contact your closest Renegade Labs distribution partner to request a demo of this powerful little mixer.
Features At A Glance
Additional Detailed Information:
- AES and Analog Outputs Standard
- Eight channels each for surround and multi-lingual production
- Flexible Routing
- Any input to any output
- 8x8 Monitor Matrix
- Fully Configurable with User Definable Setups & Built-in Surround Modes with stereo Dowmix capability
- Optional 640x240 color LCD
- Detailed metering in PPM, VU, K-Meter, and Surround Sound with peak/phase indication
- 240x64 status LCD
- Provides mixer status information and allows mixer configuration
- Program/Preset Buses
- Add, dissolve and edit audio just like video
- Cut & Auto Trans
- Dedicated buttons for manual transition control
- 17 Long-throw 100 mm Faders
- for Smooth Fades
- Master Fader
- Quickly Control the Level of All Eight Program Bus Outputs
- Pan Knob
- on Each Input Fader for easy Output panning
- 1/4" Headphone Jack
- Mounted on chassis tray—use for audio monitoring or stereo control room feed
- Master Monitor Volume Knob
- Large Knob to Quickly Adjust Monitor Output Level
- Dim and Solo Buttons
- Solo One or More Faders
- Unity Indicator
- on Each Fader - quick confirmation of precise unity gain
- 48kHz and 96kHz Sample Rates
- Control panel can be rack mounted in a standard 19' rack (8 RU) or tabletop mounted
- 3 band Parametric EQ
- Adjustable, with Notch Filters
- Compressor, Limiter, Expander
- Audio Delay
- Up to 16 video frames at 48kHz for lip sync and video path delay correction
- Auto TO/FROM
- Access all 32 inputs from the Edit System
- Record Returns
- Designate inputs as returns for monitoring conformance without using faders
- Tone Generator
- Built in
- One-Button Access
- Fader/Input Assignment and Configuration
- 200 Memory Registers
- Quickly Save/Recall Panel Snapshots - 16 are accessible with one button press
- Four Input Module Slots
- Analog, AES Digital or SDI. Choose the configuration that works best in your facility
- One Optional Output Module Slot
- Analog, AES Digital or SDI. Switchable between Meter, Monitor or Program outputs
- USB Storage
- Software Updates and Register Storage - Transfer Configurations easily from one system to another
- AES and SD/HD Video Sync
- Lock to AES audio or NTSC/PAL/HDTV Sync
- 16 Button Keypad Matrix
- Simple control of input assignments, output routing, monitor configurations & memory registers.
- Precision Optical Encoders
- Flexible control of mixer operations
- A single CAT-5e cable for the control panel to chassis connection
Website powered by JP Claude, INC.Copyright © 2018 BroadcastStore.com. All Rights Reserved.