The TES3 is a flexible platform which carries out insertion, reception, bridging, and multiplexing of digital data in the vertical blanking interval (VBI) of any analog television signal. It will operate in any country's' television and power standard, and will encode and insert any VBI format including NABTS, WST and EIA-608B. Software modules are loaded into the TES3 that enable the various modes.
- Communications: Multiple data ports and VBI data decoders for data input and output.
- Processing: The heart of the TES3 is an Intel based computer with FLASH disk. The various modes and features of the TES3 platform are enabled by loading Norpak software modules into the TES3.
- Encoding: Any VBI data format (NABTS, WST, AMOL, VITC, CGMS, Line 21 Captioning, proprietary) can be encoded by the TES3, with up to eight done simultaneously.
- Insertion: The TES3 will insert the encoded data formats on any combination of lines 10-25 (7-22 in 625 line systems) in any video format (NTSC, PAL, SECAM, 525 & 625 Line).
The TES3 Platform features are enabled by software modules that are loaded at the factory and changed or upgraded via the built-in modem (external modem in case of LAN units) by Norpak. The standard modules are outlined below.
Support for custom applications/data formats is also available.
- 19" w x 1.72" h x 16" d (48.3 x 4.4 x 40.6 cm)
- Program Video In and Out: BNC, 75 ohm
- Aux Video In: BNC, 75 ohm or Hi-Z
- Serial Ports A-C : D9 , connected as DTE
- Parallel Port : D9
- Modem : RJ11 telephone jack
- LAN: RJ48 jack
- Remote Control: 5 pin DIN
- 100V / 60 Hz, 0.4 A, or 220V / 50 Hz
- Processor status
- Program video present
- Program EIA608 data present
- Program bypass
- Program data insert
- Auxiliary video present
- Auxiliary EIA-608 data present
- Auxiliary EIA-516 (NABTS) data present
- Modem in-use
- Serial data activity on ports A, B and C
- Power on/off
- Bypass / Active
- Video Format: 525 or 625
- 0-40o C operating (32-104o F)
- 386SX, 25 MHz
- RAM: 4-16 Mbytes
- FLASH: 1-2 Mbytes
- DOS 6.0 in ROM
Selected video specifications
- Differential gain < 0.2 %
- Differential phase < 0.2 o
- Tilt (line and field) < 0.2 %
- SNR > 60 dB
- Return loss > 46 dB to 5.5 MHz
- Frequency response < 0.2% to 5.5 MHz
- Pulse / bar ratio errors (0.5T, T, 2T) < 0.2%
- Chroma/luma gain inequality < 0.2%
- Chroma/luma delay inequality < 10 ns
- Data pulse shaping per EIA608, EIA516 or other standards
Website powered by JP Claude, INC.Copyright © 2017 BroadcastStore.com. All Rights Reserved.