A world-class, high-frequency compression driver capable of unprecedentedly high acoustic power output over an extremely wide frequency range. This performance results from careful engineering and design, involving expert choices of material and advanced driver architecture which are ideally suited for efficient presentation of high quality musical and communication program material.
Features of the DH1A include:
1. A unique, geometrically-optimized diaphragm consisting of a one-piece dome and suspension fabricated from titanium. Advanced metal forming and processing technology developed by EV engineers allows this high-elongation diaphragm design to be formed from .0015 inch thick material. The combination of diaphragm geometry and material choice gives the DH1A diaphragm an ideal combination of superb high frequency response and resistance to fatigue from stress.
2. A magnetic drive system which provides unsurpassed amplifier-to-diaphragm coupling. This gives the DH1A unusual bandwidth extension, high efficiency and a musical depth and transient clarity not normally associated with compression drivers. The drive system consists of the following advanced features:
a) An optimized and balanced magnetic circuit which provides a flux density of 2.1 Tesla (21 kilogauss). This represents the highest flux density currently available.
b) A precision, lightweight voice-coil made from pure aluminum rectangular wire, which gives the DH1A high motor strength and maximum efficiency. Proprietary high-temperature winding and electrical bonding technologies assure excellent coil reliability and performance.
c) EV-exclusive PROTEFT™ (Patent no. 4547632) voice-coil protection, a Teflon®-based coating, applied to the top plate. Occasionally, violent power peaks of several seconds in duration may expand a normal driver’s voice coil into contact with the top plate, causing deterioration. With the PROTEF™ coating, added protection is provided; the coating lubricates any rubbing contact and provides direct electrical insulation between the coil and the steel top plate. This feature is unique for compression drivers and is a result of Electro-Voice’s exclusive “Total Thermal Engineering” approach to loudspeaker design.
3. A phase-plug design giving optimum upper octave response.
4. Screw-type input terminals, which are an EV exclusive. They provide an unusually positive electrical connection. Each terminal will easily accept a pair of 12 gauge wires, and any smaller size. These special terminals were designed using the results of an extensive field survey of consultants and sound-system installers.
5. An integral diaphragm assembly and protective cap which is an EV-exclusive design. This allows for a single operation for diaphragm removal and acts as an effective out-of-driver diaphragm protection.
The following Electro-Voice horns are recommended for use with the DH1A:
HPS64, HP85, HP99, HP99P.
Additional Detailed Information:
Website powered by JP Claude, INC.Copyright © 2018 BroadcastStore.com. All Rights Reserved.