DAT Audio Recorder/Player
Professional DAT Recorder
Model DetailsDesigned for the most demanding audio professional, Sony's PCM-R700 DAT Recorder is top of the line. With the same features as Sony's PCM-R500 DAT Recorder -- such as a durable 4 direct-drive motor tape transport, Super Bit Mapping noise shaping, and a popular jog-shuttle knob -- plus a 4-head design to provide confidence monitoring during recording, the PCM-R700 is a DAT recording powerhouse.
- 4-head construction for RAW (Read-After-Write) and RMW (Read-Modify-Write)
- High-reliability 4 D.D transport
- Adjustable fade in and fade out function
- Extremely easy to use with Jog Shuttle Wheel
- Flexible setup menu.
- Remote controllable
- Wide range of audio interface options
- Super Bit Mapping In the AD circiutry
- R-Core Transformer for reduced leakage flux
- Independent Channel 1/Channel 2 recording level volume controls to eliminate cross talk
- Transport mechanism is equipped with four direct drive motors for an extremely stable tape path.
- Easy operation with Shuttle and Jog Dial ensure easy system operation; use the Shuttle for easy fast forward and rewind, or the Jog Dial for convenient AMS/Program Number.
- Flexible setup menu for preference selection; user
can access ID6 status, AES/EBU Start ID On/Off, Program Time Display (On/Off), level Sync Off/On, IEC Start ID On/Off, IEC CD-Q On/Off, level sync threshold, date/time, and more.
- Utilize either the 8-pin DIN parallel remote control
interface or the included wireless remote commander.
- The PCM-R700 offers both AES/EBU & SPDIF digital I/O, and +4 XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced analog I/O.
- The Super Bit Mapping (SBM) allows better utilization of the high-quality 20-Bit A/D converters by noise shaping the 20-bit dynamic range down to the standard 16-Bit dynamic range of the DAT format.
- Analog Input/Output: Balanced (XLR), Unbalanced (RCA Pin)
- Digital Input/Output: AES/EBU (XLR), coaxial (RCA Pin)
- Number of channels: 2
- Number of heads: 4 (rotary type 2-rec/2 playback)
- Tape format: Digital Audio Tape
- D/A resolution: Standard: 16 bit, Long Play: 12 bit
- Recording time: Standard: 120 Min, Long Play: 240 Min (w/ 120 min tape)
- Sample rates: 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz
- Frequency response: 20-20kHz(+/-.5dB), Long Play: 20-14.5kHz (+/-.5dB)
- S/N Ratio: >90dB
- THD: <0.05%
- Wow & Flutter: Below measurable limits
- Phones: Stereo phone jack
- Remote Interface: Parallel DIN 8p-pin
- Weight: Approx 7.2kg
- Dimensions: 482(W) X 145(H) X 335(D) mm
- Supplied accessories: wireless remote commander, AC power
Get Adobe PDF Reader